Thursday, February 18, 2010

Miscellaneous Update for Aunt Rhonda


Alexa thinks she needs to sit on every one's lap - never mind that they are smaller (well, in height) or a year younger.



After a long afternoon of helping mom organize and clean - she loved it.



The two monkeys. Alexa climbs on everything and anything and it all happens in a matter of seconds (literally).


We've seen a lot of progress in Alexa the last couple of months. At her 19 month check-up she weighed 17 1/2 lbs. and was 30" tall. So, what this means is on the growth chart she is average for her height as a 19 month old, and not on the chart for her weight even at a corrected age of 16 months, but the doctor said he wasn't concerned and that he suspects that she will gain more when she hits a growth spurt between 2 and 3.

Words she says: What's that, I don't know, mommy, dada, mama, papa, owe, Thank you, grandma, more, baby, eye; and within the last few days: love you, fishes, ball, yes

Other developments: Eating really good, sleeping through the night more frequently, and today, when she was at the "Y", she climbed up on this little 3 year old boy and held his face in her hands and kissed him on the lips - twice.

Things Alexa likes: Hugs and kisses (she puckers up and makes the noise), carrot juice, almost every vegetable (including Kale we found out last night), playing outside (even when it's -13 degrees), playing Xbox with Daddy (she gets her own controller), going to Grandma's house (doesn't matter which one - she gets excited), climbing, stairs, socks and shoes, Nursery (mommy likes this too), making messes and getting into mommy's stuff.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mel said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how big, well old, she is getting. :) I bet she will just shoot up in weight in a few years. I know my situation is nothing like yours; but wasn't until Hailey turned 4 that she was actually on the chart. So she will get there. Love the pics, what a doll.

The Gladdens said...

yay, a post! She's adorable. I loved the itsy bitsy spider!

themaskremoved said...

I have created this blog to share some of the things that happen in my life and my true feelings for them. I have chosen to keep my name out of this blog so that I am able to be honest about my life and all things in it. I would really love for you to stop by.

Kerri and Cody said...

She's so cute. Good luck with the growth spurt thing! I keep waiting for Ansel to get one of those! Haha.. maybe one day he'll gain more three pounds in a year! (At least he's consistent I guess!)

They were so funny playing together the other night! You'll have to put up a video of her in the spinning chair! The faces she makes are priceless! Such a fun little girl :)

Anonymous said...

!!Son dos niƱos lindisimos!!

Please send me the code of your blog template? I liked it and wanted to put it on mine. thanks my email is azuleselcolordemicielo, @ hotmail.com

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

trassydicosta said...

She is so cute!!!!
flower china
china flowers