Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Little Sleeper

Over the last year or so we've compiled a few pictures of Alexa sleeping.  We think you'll find them quite entertaining, she can fall asleep pretty much anywhere.  These are a few of the places we've found her sleeping at various times of the night or morning.

Once I went to find her in the morning, it was almost 9 and she hadn't woken me up yet which is unheard of. She wasn't in her bed and I started to get a little frantic.  I looked all over the house, then finally went back in her room and found her asleep on top of the changing table.  I didn't even notice her the first time I looked around.  Needless to say the changing table was removed from her access.   See Pictures Here

Recently, I went shopping at Wal-mart during her nap time.  Knowing she was tired I took my coat off and put it in the seat area and laid her on top and let her feet hang over.  She immediately fell asleep and it was great until I needed my coat, luckily this old lady noticed my dilemma and helped me with Alexa so I could get my coat on.  The next time we went shopping Alexa said "coat off" and pointed to the cart.  Obviously I did as I was told, and she did not go to sleep, but had an enjoyable time looking at the ceiling and singing random things extremely loudly.  She tends to do thing like that when she's tired and trying to stay awake, so when I couldn't take it anymore, and my constant shushing stopped working for seconds at a time, I told her to close her eyes.  Aww, silence, and less than 2 min. later she was out.  Shopping is much more enjoyable and productive during these times - highly recommended.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so funny! I wish I could do the shopping cart thing with Jane, but she's just not as little as Alexa. I'm so glad to see a new blog post! Can't wait to see more! I love you. :)

The Crisps said...

Sleeping during a shopping trip is the very LAST thing that would ever happen with my children!!! You are so lucky! that is so funny that she will just sleep anywhere.

Mel said...

Hilarious! What a cutie you have on your hands. I am so glad for an update. Keep 'em coming!

The Gladdens said...

Those are funny. I love the one of her standing up! I've been taking pictures of Lexi's sleeping positions too. It's crazy the places they come up with! Lexi's best so far is trying to sleep in one of her dresser drawers. She had her blanket and bunny in there with her and everything!