Monday, September 15, 2008

She's growing fast


It's been a while, so here's a few pictures to play catch-up. Alexa now weighs 6 lbs. and within the last 3 days she has started making eye contact when someone talks to her, looking around at her surroundings. She also kind of started to talk for a few seconds today, and earlier in the week she rolled from her tummy to her back, but there were no witnesses so we don't really know how she did it.
We went shopping for the first time this past week and it was just a little fiasco. Needless to say, I didn't get a whole lot of shopping done and it took 3 times longer than it should have. No more quick trips that's for sure.
The video I wanted to post is on the camcorder so is unavailable. I've been trying to get more, but every time I start recording he stops being really funny. I'll catch him in the act sooner or later.



Alexa started smiling more. Isn't she adorable?
Sometimes she really enjoys her swing, and mommy really enjoys that too.


She found a new sleeping position - face down. Whatever works.



Today was the fist time Alexa went to church. This was her new Sunday dress G-ma Petersen made her. I have no idea what's going on in this photo, but it's pretty cute. Trevor was trying to get her to do something.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Nicole_Hart said...

Man I sure do remember those early hours. I love how your posting is at 3 am. I hope you don't have to do it as long as I did staying up.

Steph said...

So So Cute!

Trevor and Melissa said...

Since she's up all the time my own sleeping schedule is really messed up. I'm so wide awake at 3AM it's ridiculous.

Kerri and Cody said...

I love the new pictures! She's a cutie!

Mel said...

She is so adorable. I can't believe how well she is growing. I guess you can't really say big yet but you know what I mean.

Justin Compton Family said...

Wow, she looks bigger already! How cute in her new dress! I know what you mean about shopping. I plan a 30 minute walmart trip and I'm gone for like 2 hours...

Tanya Murray said...

Adorable as always!

Love the sleeping position---maybe I should try that. . .I'm always looking for new ways to get the BEST sleep----

Kyle and Tiffany said...

She looks so cute in her church dress! Kyle and I changed our blog to private a little while ago, but I never had your email to add you to our list. Send me your email to mcgarryfam@yahoo.com and I'll get you added. I really want to stay in touch with you!

Bree :--) said...

Oh hi Melissa! It's Bree Atkisson (now Nelson:)). I loved reading through your blog, she is adorable, and you look great. I also showed it to Seth and my mom...hope you don't mind!:). I hope you're doing well, and adjusting. I can't imagine going through that!

You are welcome to check out our blog, it is hotnelsonfamily.blogspot.com--thanks to Eric for that name!:)

Kelli said...

Hey Melissa!! How are you guys? Alexa is absolutely beautiful!! I'm so glad to know she's doing so well! I miss visiting with you! Hopefully you start getting better sleep soon :) Congrats again!