Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a Blessing



Melissa, Alexa, Analla, & Caroline on Alexa's blessing day.
Trevor was very nervouse but he gave Alexa the most beautiful and special blessing. There were many who shed some tears. I know I'm her mom, but the spirit was very strong and we knew how special this little girl is and how much she means to her Heavenly Father. It was no accident that He wanted her here on earth at the exact time He sent her. During the blessing I felt a lot of the same feelings rush through me that I had during the time Alexa was in the NICU, peace and comfort that she will live a wonderful life, and the knowledge of the overwhelming love that surrounds our little family.
It was so nice to have both of our families there and many of our wonderful friends.
Life couldn't be better for our little family.



Alexa and Trevor listening to General Conference.



Alexa smiling at her mommy.


Alexa is now smiling a lot more - mostly right after she's eaten. Now that she's 10 days from being 4 months, she's somewhere past 7 lbs (haven't weighed her for a few weeks) and seems to be getting longer by the day. She's still in Newborn diapers (it's just about time to graduate to the next size though) and still wearing Preemie clothes. We tried some Newborns on her and they are still too big, but the Preemies are getting a little short. She started sleeping a lot more and only waking up once at night (well, on the good nights).

It's been so fun to see her start to interact more. She likes it when we sing to her, but books are still not enough entertainment.
She watched her first movie a few nights ago, Cars, she liked the parts with a lot of car noises and lights, other than that she wasn't amused.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mel said...

Aren't their blessing days just so wonderful. She looks amazing but I have to say so do you. I am sure she gets all the attention but you look awesome.

Justin Compton Family said...

I agree about the blessing. It was beautiful. I was a little teary myself. Caroline has that same outfit, the brown with pink dots. It's my favorite. She also takes out her pacifier to chew on the blanket, bib, hand, whatever. :)