Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life at home



















Today makes a week with Alexa at home with us. It's been really nice to have her close by. She's been doing well eating and sleeping. I also think she's filling out a little bit in her face.

Last night was pretty eventful. She has her monitor that measures her breathing rate and heart rate. It sounds like a smoke detector when it goes off. Last night it went off so many times I lost count. It kept saying she wasn't breathing, but when we looked at her, she looked fine. We're wondering if when the alarm went off it would scare her and she would start breathing again. Anyway, we still need your prayers as does little Alexa. Tomorrow is her due date, when she will officially be 0. We were thinking of having a birthday party for her.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Steph said...

She's looking so much bigger that she did from her last pictures. She is so cute! We hope and pray that she continues to progress. I can't believe she's almost 2 months old. That would be fun to have a little party for her, she's worked hard these last few months, I think she deserves it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what progress! Liss, my grandma sends her sincere love, as do I, and she will put your family's name in the temple prayer rolls. Its amazing what a fight Alexa has put up, strong like her mom.

Kerri and Cody said...

She's seriously so precious! AND... HAPPY DUE DATE! Very exciting!
Hey.. I just had a thought of something I forgot about until I was reading your post.. (this likely won't be helpful since every baby and every situation is totally different.. but I'll throw it out there just in case)
Ansel would set off his monitor a LOT whenever I'd put him in his bouncy chair or car seat (we liked having him sleep in there sometimes too.. especially with the reflux!!) It seemed like whenever he was inclined that high he'd have issues with it for the first month or so after we brought him home. I'd be looking right at him too, (and he looked okay, and all the leads were on.. but for some reason those positions set him off a lot!) And I wouldn't be surprised if that monitor going off did "wake" her up enough to breath again.. they're loud enough to wake up the neighborhood!
You continue to be in our prayers.. hopefully she'll keep getting stronger daily, and that you guys will be able to get some rest too.. (it's hard when you have a lot to worry about!) We love you guys.. (and sorry for the long comment!)