Saturday, August 23, 2008

Parenthood


Another sizable picture. I love this one. I actually think this is one of the last times she was content for an extended period of time. If she wasn't so cute it would make this whole parent thing so much harder. Yesterday she was 4lbs. 15 oz. (she had just eaten).

She's getting to be really fussy, especially in the evenings and I hold her a lot! She's on 2 different reflux meds now and who really knows if they're helping. The doctor said one of them will possibly make her irritable - yup it did!

We're going for our first stroller outing. She's still not able to go out in public, but we thought a little fresh air would do us all some good. I'll let you know how she does.

Well, it appears Stephanie was the closest (and the only participant) - $170 grand - Good thing for insurance. This is only her birth and hospital stay. She currently sees a home health nurse 2x/week and will be getting the RSV shots come October. (a round of 5 shots @ approx. $2,000 a pop.) Again - good thing for insurance. Everyone said having a baby was expensive, but we had no idea she would end up being this much! It's also said that they just get more expensive, but I think in Alexa's case she's going to get cheaper. (If not we're in big trouble)

After all this, we wouldn't trade her for anything. She has already brought so much joy and adventure to our lives. She may look cute to all of you, but she also has the most adorable personality - she's very animated and dramatic even at her very early age (2 mths, or 6 days which ever you choose to go by).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

Good luck on your outing. She is doing so great. We are so happy for your new little family and continue to keep you in our prayers.
I love your background.

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Wow! It looks like you guys have had quite the adventure with your little Alexa. She is such a cutie. I'm so glad you found us. Please be sure to keep in touch! Love ya, Melissa!

Steph said...

Yeah, I pretty much rock, I love winning! Anyway, Scott saw the picture of Alexa and said (and I quote) "She's small...and I layed that carpet." But to me she seems to be growing. And it's good to know that you have insurance. That's like the price of a house, but you can't put a price tag on your child, she's well worth it!

Mel said...

I can't believe how much it has cost to have little Alexa. She is so worth it!

Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for an award...I know - it's so exciting you can hardly stand it, right?? ;-) So, just go to my blog to see it.