Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rooming In

Last night on the 5th attempt, we were finally able to room in with Alexa. Basically they let her stay with us in a room in the hospital all by ourselves. It's basically just to make sure we can take care of her and she doesn't have any problems out of the NICU. It was more or less a sleepless night, but at the same time it's starting to finally feel like we might get to take her home.

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the Ronald McDonald House in Joplin, where we've been staying. There was a huge celebration and Ronald himself came down to visit. He came to the NICU and took pictures with the babies there, and he handed out RMH tshirts. Then KOAM news interviewed us. It was supposed to be on at 6 and 10, but I never saw our interview. It's probably a good thing though. At the celebration we saw one of the families that were our friends and roommates in the NICU. It was hard to believe that they'd already been gone a month! Alexa is pretty close to having seniority there, or atleast in our end of the NICU. It was kind of a bittersweet experience walking out of there with her. We're so glad to finally get out of there, but at the same time we've really come to love all the people there, that it's been hard to leave.

Hopefully, all will go well today and we'll be able to take her home late this afternoon. I think to say we're excited would be just a little of an understatement.

3 comments:

The Gladdens said...

Today in church we had 3 baby blessings. One of them was a 6+ pound baby and she looked sooo tiny to me. I can't even imagine how small Alexa must look!

Steph said...

Hey guys! I found your blog through Billy and Amanda's. I've been dying to see your baby so I'm so glad that I can now. She's so beautiful and I'm glad that she's doing so well! I can't believe how tiny she is. We miss you guys and can't wait to get back there. Just 3 more years and we can play.

Kerri and Cody said...

Yea! Congratulations!